Real Estate Purchase and Sale
We have represented buyers and sellers of almost every commercial real property type and size including office buildings and office parks, individual stores and retail shopping centers, small multi-family properties and multi-building housing complexes, industrial shops and manufacturing facilities, fast food and full service restaurants, labs and medical facilities, raw land, industrial properties of all sizes and others. We have also represented parties in the purchase and sale of portfolios of properties.
We represent parties in all phases of the transaction from the letters of intent stage through the agreement negotiation and documentation, due diligence, closing and post-closing stages. We are able to structure our services to address the exact scope and deliverables required by the client. Transaction structures have included purchases and sales, exchanges, options, consensual eminent domain and sales of ownership interests. Our due diligence review s included extensive review of environmental issues related to the transactions.
Purchase and Sale Transactions: Clients and Transactions
- Representation of corporation in disposition of industrial real property
- Representation of affiliate of entities owning 13 Southern California supermarkets in acquisition of its first shopping center and re-configuration of the shopping center including lease terminations
- Owner of industrial facility- sale of a 20-acre industrial multi-use facility
- Utility Company – Option to purchase 800,000 square foot office space office park
- Purchaser of 8 unit apartment complex – in tax deferred exchange
- California-based municipal pension fund – purchase of seven building, 248 unit luxury apartment community in Atlanta, Georgia
- Multi-national media conglomerate – co-counsel representation of largest office building in a Southern California region
- Oil company – disposition of over twenty environmentally impaired excess properties, primarily in California and in other sections of the U.S.
- LLCs with pension fund, REIT and celebrity members – acquisition of regional grocery anchored shopping centers
- Large state pension fund: due diligence review in joint representation to acquire office building complexes
- Public agency – consensual acquisition of regional water systems