Press and Events
- Norma Williams was quoted about commercial leasing in an article on Proposition 15 on California’s November 3, 2020 ballot, a Proposition that would change the taxation of California commercial and industrial property: https://calmatters.org/politics/post-it/2020/09/prop-15-small-business-taxes-california-split-roll-property/
- Norma Williams was selected statewide to receive the inaugural Excellence in Practice Award given by the California Lawyer’s Association’s Solo and Small Firms Section. The Awards Ceremony was held on June 14, 2019. The Award is made to honor a solo or small firm attorney who has demonstrated exemplary leadership and dedication to the legal profession and has contributed to the betterment of the practice of law.
- On April 15, 2019, Norma Williams attended the Dedication ceremony for the Theater Arts Building at Cathedral High School, Los Angeles. Norma worked on the New Market Tax Credit financing for the Center as local counsel.
- Norma Williams was appointed as the California State Chair for the American College of Mortgage Attorneys at its 2018 Annual Meeting, October, 2018.
- Norma Williams attended the Third Annual Speed Mentoring Event co-sponsored by the Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (CREFC) Women’s Group and the Los Angeles Chapter of the Urban Land Institute Women’s Leadership Initiative on March 22, 2018 and authored a short article about it published in the June, 2018 CRE Financial Council Women’s Network Newsletter.
- Norma Williams spoke on April 26, 2017 to the West Coast brokers of a prominent Tenants’ Representatives brokerage firm on the topic of “Tenants and Their Landlords’ Lenders.”
- Norma Williams attended the two and a half day seminar entitled “Fundamentals of Banking Law” sponsored by the Berkeley Center for Law, Business and the Economy on October 31-November 2, 2016 in San Francisco, CA.
- Norma Williams was appointed Chair of the Membership Development Committee of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys at the College’s Annual Meeting October 21-23, 2016 in Newport Beach, CA.
- Ms. Williams received an “Outstanding Entrepreneur Award,” at the September 8, 2016 collaborative celebration of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the Los Angeles Black Business Association (BBA) and Los Angeles Local Development Corp. (Los Angeles LDC) in recognition of National Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week.
- Ms. Williams spoke on July 27, 2016, to the San Gabriel Valley Chapter of Financial Planners Association on the topic of “Commercial Real Estate Purchase And Sale Transactions: A Legal View.”
- Ms. Williams was profiled in “Big Firm to Own Firm: Lessons Along the Way” published by Attorney at Law Magazine March, 2016. Click here for a link to the profile.
- Ms. Williams was elected in October 2015 to the American Law Institute, the leading independent organization in the United States producing scholarly work to clarify, modernize, and improve the law.
- Ms. Williams attended the US Law Conference of the International Council of Shopping Centers from October 28-31, 2015 in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Ms. Williams spoke at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys on topic “The Public and the Crowd: Financing Transaction with Capital From Multiple Sources.”
- Ms. Williams was Co-Chair of the 43rd Annual Benjamin S. Crocker Symposium on Real Estate Law and Business jointly sponsored by the Real Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Richard S. Ziman Center for Real Estate at UCLA held on November 6, 2014 in downtown Los Angeles. Click here for a link to the Symposium brochure.
Attorney at Law Magazine
Los Angeles (April 15, 2015) – Attorney At Law Magazine, a business-to-business trade magazine providing industry-focused information to private-practice attorneys, has named Norma Williams, Esq., a contributing editor for the magazine’s Los Angeles edition.
Writing on the topic of real estate law, Williams will share her knowledge from her many years of experience in commercial real estate purchasing and sale, financing and lease transactions. Her clients have included financial institutions; high-net-worth individuals; public agencies; office, industrial and retail shopping center owners; grocery and restaurant chains; and entertainment firms.
“Norma J. Williams has shown exemplary skill over her career,” said Sarah Torres, publisher of Attorney At Law Magazine’s Los Angeles edition. “With her hands-on experience and proven authority in her field, she will bring our readers informative, up-to-date articles about real estate law that will benefit their practices.”
Williams is a frequent local and national speaker, has authored major real estate legislation, and has held leadership positions in local, state and national real estate-related bar associations. She received her bachelor’s degree magna cum laude from Wesleyan University and her juris doctor from University of California, Berkeley.
Her office is located in downtown Los Angeles, and she can be reached at (213) 996-8464 or [email protected]. Williams’ first column will appear in the magazine’s premiere Los Angeles issue, which is slated for the second quarter. Already published locally in cities around the country, Attorney at Law Magazine has compelling content highlighting the driving forces in the local community with additional feature articles and columns that capture the latest industry trends.
The publication serves the legal community with the goal of providing the best, most informative, pertinent and engaging content in each issue for its targeted audience. With no agenda and no pitch, the magazine’s readership dictates the content.
About Attorney at Law Magazine®
Attorney at Law Magazine® is a tightly focused business-to-business trade magazine providing industry-focused information to private-practice attorneys. Each edition of Attorney at Law Magazine® provides local information on legal topics, practice management and business development. More information can be found at www.attorneyatlawmagazine.com.